Friday, January 19, 2007

Jan 19 2007

Caiman
10x pick up db from floor, no sit required
10x pick up db from floor, sit cued
20x pick up db from floor about 2' in front of my toes. Tossed treat to reset him each time. He offered sits most times and had no problems except for one time that he started to choke on the treat and had to spit the db out. He re-picked it up without a prompt from me.

Kona
20x L Uturns in the hall (2 were actually greater than 180 degrees)
20x 270 degree LT doing a circuit around the main floor, turning left all the way.

I have decided that if I can maintain this record keeping & training momentum going for a month then I will buy myself new training journals for the boys. I figure that a month of note taking will use up most of the rest of the current book anyway, and a reward may keep me motivated. My goal is at least three recorded training sessions a week, not counting our Monday night class. There are five classes left, so if I can keep this up until approximately the last class I will reward myself.

No comments: