Sunday, March 30, 2008

Photo challenge, day one

Robin Sallie issued a challenge to spend five days photographing a single subject. I have chosen Caiman, although I may have to switch subjects midstream as he is going in to be neutered tomorrow. At least I have other brown dogs to substitute if necessary.

I took *mumble*mumble* photos this morning. Here are five that have had no processing at all:







I particularly like how the light hits the edge of his ear in the leg close-up.

In the last (actually the first one taken) I was trying out my camera's B&W setting. The angle in that photo elongates his legs. I took some sepia too, and one that pulled out just some browns in the photo but made the rest B&W, but they weren't worth saving. Fun though!

This one needed rotating - does that count as processing? Another B&W. Handsome boy! Goofy boy? Either, both, whatever...
Looking regal

2 comments:

Robin Sallie said...

Very nicely done!

Holly said...

oooooo, I like them all, but the one on his side is really interesting as it "pancakes" him.