Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Believe it or not...

Rivet actually got trained yesterday. I took her to the new PetSmart at 17th and the Whitemud. It was very quiet there - New Years Day and all - which was perfect for little Miss Undersocialized. She did great! A couple of things needed to be watched carefully for a while, and there was a little bit of nervousness, but she also took treats the whole time and was interested and playful for most of it. She also wagged over to anyone who showed interest in her. I realize that a quiet day at PetSmart is not the same as a busy show building but I'm still pleased with how comfortable she was. We'll have to do this again on a busier day too.

Before we left I went into the training area and worked on Doggie Zen for a while. I don't think we've done this at all before but she caught on very quickly and was leaning backwards away from the treat to make me click by the time we were done.

No comments: